Am I Eligible?

  • If you participate in a qualified high-deductible health plan (QHDHP) – either through your employer, your spouse, or you’ve purchased on your own – more than likely you can open an HSA. You don’t need to open an HSA through an employer; even if your employer offers HSA, you can open your own HSA.
  • HSAs can have only one owner. A couple cannot jointly own an HSA even though qualifying expenses for all members of the household can be paid from a single HSA.